My photo
Opinionated and Persistent - a terrible combination.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Oh Man.

So on Friday, Pete Wentz posted a song off of TAI's new CD. The song is His Girl Friday, and oh boy is it ever good. I know that I had a terrible week, and yet that one song had the power to pull me out of a horrible slump. Music is just so comforting, but at the same time not, because if it doesn't take you out of your comfort zone is it really worth it? I mean who wants everything to be the same, and reliable all the time? Reliability is comforting, but who wants to know what to expect all the time? Not I, that's for sure.

The thing about music is that it can keep most people going. When I was temping at Staples all it took to cheer me up was the right song, my friend Beka and I even assembled a Staples playlist and brought speakers. It made the days go by so much faster. It's amazing what the right song can do.

So here is my challege of the day. Name just ONE song that can make you feel better when you are down. I'll name one as well.

"Slow Motion (Third Eye Blind Cover) by Brendon Urie" His voice sounds so great, and his piano playing skills are so enviable, I suggest you go illegally download that track immediately.

No comments: