My photo
Opinionated and Persistent - a terrible combination.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Bloggin' Life

Hi everyone. I took a long time to think about this blog and decide if it was worthwhile after the whole "Scott Frost" Debacle, and I've decided that I need an outlet - the fact that nobody reads this makes it easy to rant. Anyways, It's been a long two months. We are in the midst of final exams and I am realizing more than ever how much I hate the pressure. Anyways, did you all see the inauguration? I'm Canadian so I am of course disappointed that Obama isn't as well - we need some charismatic leaders - and thoroughly overjoyed for the U.S.A. to have lucked into a politician who really cares and can really make a difference.

I'm realizing more and more how much of a difference one person can make and I am going to try my best to find a cause I feel passionately about and fight for it. One cause that we all need to fighting to stop is the current crisis in the Gaza strip. It's been going on for as long as I can remember but we really need to make an concentrated effort to stop it. America can no longer stand by, and the UN needs to send a task force in to save people and actually try to stop this, rather than just calling a cease fire. These are innocent people dying because of radical governments and old, old beliefs and promises. Palestinians need to stop sending rockets, and Israelis need to stop fighting so hard - we all know you are a superior military force and you can stop showing off your power. I have a much more long winded answer with my ideas for a solution posted somewhere but I am too lazy to recover it.

The 2009 Warped Tour schedule is released, and I am proud to say I'll be there in Calgary this year and it WILL work out this time, it won't be like last year at all. Of course there will be something crucial missing this year, but I'll drink lots of monsters for my friend who won't be making it. I hope The Academy Is... and Cobra Starship are on the tour again, that would be magnificent. Decaydance bands never play in Alberta and I want to badly to see them. Oh well, only a year and a half before I will be in a town where I can access good concerts, whether it's Toronto or Vancouver I just don't know, but it will be one or the other.

Peace!

Kirsten

"We forget so we don't have to remember, we remember so that we'll never forget."

No comments: