My photo
Opinionated and Persistent - a terrible combination.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Westboro Baptist What?!

Well I was having a great conversation in computer class with Michael today; one about equality and human rights - stuff like that. Eventually Michael mentioned the "Westboro Baptist Church" they are a "religion" that thrives off of hate for the entire world. This hate stems from a fundamental hate for homosexual people. I, for one, think this is ridiculous. Sure, the bible refers to homosexuality as an "abomination" but God also gives people the right to choose their own paths.This church is so radical in their beliefs that I barely even know where to begin, I am so disgusted and fascinated by their ridiculous beliefs that I will probably make this into a sort of blogging series so that this post isn't too terribly long.

First off, this church thinks that God hates the world. Don't believe me? Check out "www.godhatestheworld.com" and you can discover how they think God feels about most nations, such as; Canada, The United States, France, Nigeria, South Africa, Germany, United Kingdon, Ireland, Russia, China, India, and so many others I can't even count, with every other nation coloured blue to indicate that a site is forthcoming.

They even have a page to explain why John 3:16 is false. If you don't know what that is, you can google it. I am so mind boggled at this strange religion, I don't know how anyone can believe these things. I can't believe that such a large group of educated people could be so ignorant, intolerant and just rude, overall. I mean, you can believe whatever you want about homosexuality, but when you start picketing at a gay man or woman's funeral you know you have deep rooted issues.

Anyways I am far too tired to be any good at presenting my arguments about why I disagree with this religion here, but I assure you, there will be more about this topic. I am VERY passionate about human's rights and this is so messed up I HAVE to take a closer look.

No comments: